Saturday, January 5, 2013

Book Lover's Paradise

As a book lover, I always enjoy going to Barnes & Noble Booksellers.  I made the trip to my favorite store today with my sister, Denise.  I was given some gift cards for Christmas, and they were burning the proverbial hole in my pocket.  I was amazed at the selection of diet books out on display.  I could tell it was the new year, and that the booksellers were hoping to cash in on New Years resolutions for weight loss.  I also looked around at the new teen fiction.  It's amazing to see how well the paranormal sells.  There were Lego sets for sale, and deals on classic literature.  The bargain books were plentiful as well.

Denise and I had a great time just browsing.  I did eventually purchase a book and an sd card for my nook.  Whenever I go into B&N I compare prices between the actual books and the nook books.  Most times the nook book is cheaper, however I do find I still enjoy holding the book in my hand and turning the pages.  I can also share the book a bit easier with my book club ladies.

I bought The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe.  I'm looking forward to reading it.  If I like it I'll recommend it to my book club.  Browsing through the stacks of bargain books I found a book I wanted to read by Dean Koontz.  I ordered it from Paper Back Swap, a website where members swap books with others.  The only cost is shipping the books you have for other members to choose from.  Sites like PBS make me wonder about the future of big book stores.  I know, though, that as long as there are book lovers like me that book stores will live long and prosper.


No comments:

Post a Comment