Monday, August 16, 2010

What a wonderful day!

Today was one of those summer days that every Minnesotan longs for: low humidity, a nice cool breeze, and a temperature in the 70s.  It was a gorgeous day!  I decided to go for a nice walk this afternoon.  I put my Skecher's on, grabbed my headset for my book on tape, and I was out the door.

It was fun to watch the grasshopper nymphs jump around and have fun.  I loved the sunshine and my body was soaking up the vitamin D!  On my trip back to my house I saw a dead garter snake.  Eeeekkkk!  I cut a wide path around that thing.  I traveled a bit farther and I saw a used a condom!!  Now that was another big EEEKKKKK!!! 

Now I love the earth and I'm all for picking up garbage, but I drew the line there.  I'm sorry, but there was no way I was going to bring that home and throw it in my garbage.  I saw the package as I kept walking and noticed it was a Trojan.  Well, at least whoever used the condom was trying to be safe.  My advice would be, "Just throw it in the trash when you're done and not on the side of the road!!"

As I continued on my way home I thought to myself, "How ironic...hmmm...dead snake and dead condom."

No comments:

Post a Comment