Sunday, August 8, 2010

I was bored today so I started a new project!

I was bored today so I started a new project!  At the end of June my husband, Dwane, and I finished the restoration of my grandmother and grandfather's 1950s dinette style table.  Now I need to change the decor in my dining room!  Since money is hard to come by, I am trying to find ways to make use of what I already have.  As a wedding shower gift my friend, Amy Jasper-Fenske, gave me a stained glass window.  I've always loved it, but didn't know where to display it, because it is rather large.  It will serve as my new focal point!  I just need to give the window a bit of TLC.
I scraped paint on the window with a razor blade and did some general cleaning today.  Dwane's words of wisdom for me were, "Just be careful and don't cut yourself.  I don't want to have to haul you to the emergency room."  Isn't love grand?!  I did have Dwane help, though, he works with razor blades on glass all the time at work and knows exactly what he's doing.

There are a couple of broken panes.  I am fortunate to have a brother-in-law, Steve, who said it would be easy to fix.  I certainly hope so.  I'm looking forward to the day when my new dining room decor project is complete! 

The picture I'm attaching today is of my dad's 15th birthday.  He is standing behind the table that Dwane and I now proudly have in our dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment