Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King made me shiver!!


I've been a long-time fan of Stephen King's work.  When I saw his latest collection of short stories hit the shelf I had to have it!  I quickly devoured the book and loaned it to a friend.

I found myself hoping for stories that were really supernatural in nature, good escapes.  That wasn't the case.  I read two stories that could have been interpreted that way, and two that eerily seemed as if they could happen.  That is the the mark of a great storyteller, I think. 

True horrors can lie within each one of us.  How well do you know your spouse?  What really goes on at the friendly neighbor's house?  Is that perfect family so perfect?  What kind of darkness rages inside of you or me?

If you are a King fan I recommend this book, but there were times when I almost had to set the book aside and stop reading for a while.  Some of the subject matter is harsh, and Mr. King doesn't pull any punches.  If you have the nerve and care to take a peek into a darker world, then go ahead and brave a night that is, FULL DARK, NO STARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment