Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Prodigal Son, Frankenstein by Dean Koontz


Last summer I binged on Dean Koontz!  I started reading his ODD THOMAS series and got totally hooked on his writing.  I was browsing Barnes & Noble over a month ago and saw one of the books in his Frankenstein series, and thought, "Why not?  I've enjoyed all the other books I've read by Koontz."  So, I went to his website and found book one in his series, The Prodigal Son.  I then ordered it from a member of PaperBackSwap.com.  (Is that ever a cool site!  That's a post for another time.)

Anyway, I waited patiently and got the book.  I devoured it!  What started as a binge last July was reawakened!  I highly recommend the novel, but then I've also become something of a Dean Koontz fan.  As I've said many times before, I'm not a professional reviewer, but I always like to throw in a few words.

Here goes:
The story of Frankenstein has long been retold,
but Koontz's rendition will never grow old.
The monster, Deucalion, is quite a hero.
Victor Helios, the bad guy, is a big zero!
I did want to see more character development from the detectives, Michael and Carson,
but know that in time that goal will be won.
Koontz has a gift for creating an interesting character,
yes sir!
I got totally caught up in the mystery.
Of turning the pages I didn't grow weary.
As I read a sense of horror gripped me.
I won't let this series be.

I'm reading a memoir right now, so my copy of City of Night is waiting in the wings.  Soon I'll end my fast and hit the Koontz again!


No comments:

Post a Comment